Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Miss you Dad!

Ok, here is my attempt at blogging. Mike is out of town for the week so I am in charge of the blog so he can see what we are up to. I had to work all weekend so the first day was a quiet one. This is the only photo I was coherent enough to take on Monday:)
Kate and Jack wanted a fire tonight, but my fire starting abilities are limited. I made a small attempt...without success...so Kate roasted her giant marshmallows on the electric stove. It worked quite well I would say.

We are also camping on the deck tonight. How do you get a tent to stay up on a deck instead of grass you ask? Duct tape!!! Deb's idea, but it worked like a charm. I'll let you tomorrow how the night went. As you can see, the couch cushions are going to be our "air mattresses" tonight.



Kate and Bryn are testing out the tent before it gets dark. We might fall through the cracks, should be interesting.


We went to the beach this afternoon when Bryn got up from her nap. It was SO windy...almost like Ottertail. Bryn was NOT happy for the first half of our stay. I tried to get a picture of all three, but you can see Bryn was not excited to be there.




Despite the wind, the kids were their usual fishy selves. Here is Jack doing a little alligatorin'.





Here is one of the happy moments that Bryn had. We only lasted under the umbrella a few minutes before she got mad, then it blew away anyway. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the shade on a picnic table.






Here is an action shot of Kate jumping in the water and going under.







2 comments:

  1. Great job blogging, babe! Miss you and the kids. I just got in so I was hoping to see some pics.

    ReplyDelete